Mitchell Announces Agriculture Advisory Committee
Shelby Township, MI. – While visiting Mantey Farm in Fairgrove earlier today, Congressman Mitchell announced his new Agriculture Advisory Committee. The Committee includes farmers and growers from across Michigan’s 10th District. It will advise and assist Representative Mitchell as he continues working for Michigan’s agricultural community.
Representative Mitchell and Agriculture Advisory Committee Members released the following statements upon announcement of the Committee:
“Agriculture is an important and successful part of our economy in Michigan and in America,” said Representative Mitchell. “We must make sure that regulations and legislation coming from Washington make sense and that our farm programs serve both the taxpayer and the farmer. I am eager to announce my Agriculture Advisory Committee to share ideas about how we can best address the challenges facing Michigan farmers.”
“Representative Mitchell's establishment of the Agriculture Advisory Committee underscores his commitment to the farming community,” said Wayne Wood of Sanilac County. "I look forward to serving on the Committee to help Representative Mitchell be the voice of Michigan's farmers in Washington."
“Farmers in Michigan’s 10th District face many challenges in the field and day to day,” said Jim Reed of St. Clair County. “I thank Representative Mitchell for his leadership and look forward to tackling issues critical to Michigan’s farmers on the Agriculture Advisory Committee.”
“Representative Mitchell understands how important the farming industry is in Michigan’s 10th District and the country,” said Lawrence DeCook of Macomb County. "I am proud to serve on the Committee to help advance policies that will protect us in Michigan."
The following farmers have agreed to serve on the board:
- Jeff Altermatt, Altermatt Farms in Richmond
- Dean Berden, Dean Berden Farms in Snover
- Lawrence DeCook, Planters Paradise in Macomb
- Nate Engelhard, Engelhard Family Farms in Caro
- Alvin Ferguson, Ferguson Farms in Allenton
- Richard Gerstenberger, Gerstenberger Farms in Sandusky
- Michael Findlay, Clear Water Farms in Caro
- Clint Hagen, Atwater Farms in Bad Axe
- John Howell, Howell Farms in North Branch
- Doug Meiburg, Meiburg Farms in North Branch
- Jim Reed, Reed Dairy Farm in Jeddo
- Matt Reibling, Jade Farms in Sebewaing
- Clint Stoutenburg, Stoutenburg Farms in Sandusky
- Todd Ward, United Producers in Snover
- Wayne Wood, HWR Farms in Marlette
View photos from Rep. Mitchell’s visit to Mantey Farm here.