Mitchell Votes For Tax Reform That Will Benefit All Americans
Washington, D.C. – Today, Representative Mitchell (MI-10) released the following statement after voting for H.R. 1, The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act:
“Throughout this process, I have advocated for a tax reform plan that will benefit all Americans, from families living paycheck to paycheck, to small business owners struggling to make their dream a reality. I am proud to vote for a tax reform plan that does just that. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act allows Americans to keep more of their hard-earned dollars and improves local economies by keeping money in communities instead of handing it to Washington bureaucrats,” said Representative Mitchell.
“Relief for the American taxpayer is long overdue. I urge my colleagues in the Senate to act quickly to send tax reform to President Trump’s desk.”
- A family of four making $96,434 a year in Michigan’s 10th District would receive a $2,229 tax cut by taking the new, larger standard deduction.
- To read H.R. 1, click HERE.
- To read a summary of H.R. 1 click HERE.
- To read a section-by-section click HERE.
- For additional information visit WaysAndMeans.house.gov/taxreform.